Airbnb is an Online Marketplace that connects people that are looking for accommodations within a certain area with the people that want to rent out their homes. This platform is an online marketplace that offers lodging, tourism experience, and primarily homestays. If you are looking for accommodations within a locality for a certain period of time, Airbnb is the right option for you. This company does not have any of the real estate listings and it doesn’t host events.
Airbnb acts as a broker that receives commissions from each booking. This service was founded by Brian Chesky, Joe Gebbia, and Nathan Blecharczyk. Airbnb was conceived when the founders put an air mattress in their living room and turn their apartment into a bed and breakfast. The company was founded in August 2008 which is 11 years ago. This company has its headquarters in San Francisco, California, United States.
Airbnb is currently available in 81,000 cities and 191 countries Nationwide. The original name of the company is AirBedandBreakfast.com. This platform arranges transactions between the person that is looking for accommodations and a person that wants to rent out his/her home for a commission when the deal is executed. The person that is renting out his/her home is the Host and the person looking for accommodation is the Guest. Are you a property owner, this platform is a place where you can rent out your unused space temporarily.
Advantages of Airbnb
- The platform hosts list different types of properties e.g Single rooms, Houseboats, moored yachts, a suite of rooms, etc. A guest has the right to choose the type of accommodation that he/she wants. You can decide to go for single rooms, a suite of rooms or the entire houses in as much as you have the money that you will use to pay for it.
- Another advantage is that hosts have the ability to set their own prices. As a property owner, you can decide on how much you want to charge per night, per week, or per month.
- Guests also have the right to search the platform to select the type of property they want. You can select the location and the price you can afford.
- The platform also protects guests by holding the guest’s payments for 24 hours after checking in before giving the funds to the hosts. This section enables the guest to ask for a refund if he/she is not satisfied with the accommodation. Note that Airbnb can only hold the money for 24 hours after check-in.
Disadvantage of Airbnb
- One of the disadvantages of this service is that you might not get what you see. Many guests always complain about this issue, although the platform is trying hard to prevent this problem from happening to the guest.
- Another problem is that Airbnb imposes an additional fee. Guests are expected to pay an additional guest service fee of up to 20%.
- One of the problems hosts faces is that some guest also end up damaging property of the hosts.
- There is no privacy for the Guest and Host i.e if the host and the guest are sharing room.
For Prices or booking kindly visit their official website and follow the on-screen instructions.