Artemis Fowl is an American Upcoming Science fiction adventure movie. It is based on a novel with the same name written by Eoin Colfer in 2001. The movie is directed by Kenneth Branagh and screenplay by Conor Mcpherson and Hamish McColl. Artemis Fowl features Ferdia Shaw, Josh Gad, Tamara Smart, Lara McDonnell, Nonso Anozie, Colin Farrel, and Judi Dench.
Artemis Fowl Plots
The movie is centered on a fantastical, spellbinding adventure of a journey of a young 12 years old genius Artemis Fowl.
He is a descendant of a bloodline of criminal masterminds, his father was kidnapped and he tried to save him at all cost.
In order to save his dad, Artemis had to invade an old, civilization based underground. Artemis had to bring to his kidnappers the fairies’ most powerful magical object.
To execute his plan and to get to the object, cunning Artemis got himself into a perilous war with all other powerful fairies.
Artemis Fowl Casts
- Ferdia Shaw as Artemis Fowl II, a young 12 years old genius with extremely high intelligence.
- Lara McDonnell as Holly Short, an reconnaissance elven officer about 80 years old of the Lower Elements Police (LEPrecon).
- Josh Gad as Mulch Diggums, An informant for the LEP, he is a dwarf and worked with the Artemis Fowl I.
- Tamara Smart as Juliet Butler, A Protege, and also a younger sister to Domovoi.
- Nonso Anozie as Domovoi Butler, Artemis’ bodyguard and loyal servant.
- Colin Farrell as Artemis Fowl I, A criminal mastermind and father to Artemis.
- Miranda Raison as Angeline Fowl, Artemis’ mother.
- Judi Dench as Commander Julius Root, He is Holly’s commanding officer in the LEP.
- Hong Chau as a fairy.
- Nikesh Patel as Foaly, the LEPrecon division’s technical advisor.
- Joshua McGuire as Briar Cudgeon, a lieutenant that is very hungry for power in the LEP.
- Chi-Lin Nim as Trouble Kelp, a captain of the LEP.
- Jean-Paul Ly as Nguyen
- Matt Jessup as Budd
- Michael Abubakar as Burr
- Simone Kirby as Mrs. Byrne
- Sally Messham as Sky Willow
- Bernardo Santos as a Groomsman
- Adrian Scarborough as the Goblin Chief
- Vincenzo Nicoli as the Goblin Sergeant
- Conor MacNeill as the Goblin Lieutenant
- Laurence Kinlan as Beachwood Short, A previous member of the LEP and also father to Holly.
- Fabio Cicala as Busker Elf
- Molly Harris as Chrys
- Directed by Kenneth Branagh
- Produced by Kenneth Branagh, Judy Hofflund.
- Screenplay by Conor McPherson, Hamish McColl
- Based on Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer
- Starring Ferdia Shaw, Lara McDonnell, Josh Gad, Tamara Smart, Nonso Anozie, Colin Farrell, Judi Dench
- Music by Patrick Doyle
- Cinematography Haris Zambarloukos
- Edited by Matthew Tucker
- Production company Walt Disney Pictures, TriBeCa Productions
- Distributed by Disney+
- Release date June 12, 2020 (United States)
- Country United States
- Language English
- Budget $125 million
On August 9, 2019, the movie was scheduled originally for a theatrical release by the Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. However, the release of the movie was delayed from May 7, 2019, to May 29, 2020.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, the theatrical release of the movie was canceled on April 3, 2020, and will be premiere on June 12, 2020, on Disney+.