Amazon Audible is an audio-book subscription service, that creates original content that can’t be found in other places. Audible has the largest catalog of audiobooks in the world. It is a creator and provider of premium spoken-word entertainment and audio-books, which offers customers inspiration to enhance their daily lives.
It is also a monthly membership service that grants its user access to a massive database of audio-books. These audio-books can be accessed through Audible application.
Leading Talents who have Created Audible Book
- Margaret Atwood
- David Spade
- Patti Smith
- Michael Lewis
Performers who have Narrated for Audible
- Zachart Quinto
- Jim Dale
- Maggie Gyllenhaal
- Lily Collins
- Gabourey Sidibe
- Stephen Fry
- Rosamund Pike
- Trevor Noah
- Leslie Odom. Jr.
Audible Global Services
Countries where Audible service runs include: US, France, Italy, Germany, Australia, Canada, Uk, Japan, and India
How Does Audible Book Work?
Audible is a subscription service, that works by first starting a 30 days free trial, it comes with a free audible book. When the free trial is over, Audible will automatically adjust to a monthly subscription, unless you cancel the account.
It automatically charges you if you don’t cancel the account, it won’t ask if you want to continue. This provides high-quality files, that you can listen to online or offline, and also enables you to curate your own digital archive audio-books.
How to Start an Audible Membership
- Click on ‘here’ to start a free trial membership
- Select a credit card for your account. This will enable you to continue your membership
- Click on ‘start your free trial now’
After the free trial has ended, re-enroll for Audible. To re-enroll,
- Go to ‘pick a plan’ page on the Audible desktop site
- Select one of Audible’s primary plans.
- After selecting a plan, you will be directed to the shopping cart
- Tap on ‘next step’
- Click on ‘complete purchase’
After carefully going through all these processes, you will receive an audio credit(s) and a confirmation email.
How to Cancel your Audible Membership
If you sign up for Audible, your membership is set to automatically renew itself at the end of your chosen membership period.
You can end/cancel your membership at any time (including your free trial period). To end your Audible membership, all you need to do is:
- Click on ‘Account details’ page on the Audible website
- Go to the account settings section, click on ‘cancel my membership’
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Note: Once you end your membership, any remaining credits will also end with your membership, but you will still be able to keep and access any audio-books in your library.
How to return Audible book
To return Audible books, you must follow the Amazon return policies, which includes:
- You must be a member of Audible to be able to return audio-books.
- The book must be returned within 365 days of purchasing it.
- A book can be returned even if you have listened to it
- You will be refunded in the same way you made the payment, i.e if you paid with a credit, you will surely get a credit back.
Here is how to return an audio-book.
- Go to the ‘Audible web site’ and login to your account.
- Tap on your name at the top right of the page.
- Click on ‘Account Details’ on the drop-down menu.
- On the account page, tap on ‘Purchase History’. When you click on this, you will see a list of all the audio-books you have purchased.
- Click on ‘Return Title’ next to the title you want to return.
- Choose the reason why you want to return the book, and then click on the ‘Return Title’ button. The book will return.