Connected is an upcoming American computer-animated sci-fi comedy film directed by Mike Rianda. It is written by Mike Rianda and Jeff Rowe and produced by Phil Lord, Christopher Miller, and Kurt Albrecht.
The film is produced by Sony Picture Animation and stars the voices of Eric Andre, Abbi Jacobson, Maya Rudolph, Danny McBride, Rianda, and Olivia Colman.
It follows a family that, while attempting to bond on a road trip and fix their issues, is caught up in having to save Earth from a technological singularity.
Connected is scheduled to be theatrically released in the United States on October 23, 2020, by Sony Pictures Releasing through its Columbia Pictures label.
Director: Mike Rianda
Producers: Christopher Miller, Phil Lord, and Kurt Albrecht
Writers: Mike Rianda and Jeff Rowe
Starring: Eric Andre, Abbi Jacobson, Maya Rudolph, Danny McBride, Rianda, and Olivia Colman.
Music: Mark Mothersbaugh
Editor: Greg Levitan
Production Companies: Sony Pictures Animation, Columbia Pictures, and Lord Miller Productions
Distributor: Sony Pictures Releasing
Release date: October 23, 2020
Country: United States
Casts in Connected
- Abbi Jacobson as Katie Mitchell. an aspiring filmmaker who is the daughter of Rick and Linda, and Aaron’s older sister
- Danny McBride as Rick Mitchell. The father of Katie and Aaron, and Linda’s husband
- Maya Rudolph as Linda Mitchell. The mother of Katie and Aaron, and Rick’s wife
- Mike Rianda as Aaron Mitchell. The son of Rick and Linda, and Katie’s younger brother
- Eric Andre as Mark Bowman. A scientist who is the creator behind PAL
- Olivia Colman as PAL. A virtual assistant
- Blake Griffin as a sleek robot from PAL Labs
Katie Mitchell, a creative outsider, is accepted into the film school of her dreams, her plans to meet “her people” at college are completely upended when her dad “Rick” plans for an ultimate family road trip.
This means instead of flying there as she planned, Rick, her mom “Linda”, her brother “Aaron”, and the family’s pet pug Monchi will drive Katie to her school together.
However, Rick’s plan of getting all of them to bond as a family for one last time is interrupted by a tech uprising all around the world. The electronic devices that Katie, Linda, Aaron, and most other people love – from home appliances to mobile phones to an innovative new line of personal robots – decide it is time to take over.
But with the help of two friendly malfunctioning robots, the Mitchells will have to work together to save each other and the world.
Watch the official trailer of Connected below