Dune is a 2020 upcoming science epic fiction movie. The director of the movie was Denis Villeneuve, and screenplay by Eric Roth, Jon Spaihts and Villeneuve.
It is an international movie with co-productions from the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, and Hungary.
It is an adaptation and the first of planned two-part of the novel in 1965 having the same name (Dune) by Frank Hervert, the movie will cover almost the first half of the book.
In the movie, the major casts are Timothee Chalamet, Dave Bautista, Josh Brolin, Oscar Isaac, Stellan Skarsgard, Zendaya, Rebecca Ferguson, David Dastmalcian, Stephen McKinley Henderson, Charlotte Rampling, Jason Momoa, and Javier Bardem.
In a long future time of humanity, the stewardship of the dangerous planet Arrakis full of the desert was accepted by Duke Leto Atreides.
It is the only source of the most precious substance in the whole universe. A drug which prolongs human life called “the spice”, helps humans to have a high superhuman thought, and makes the possibility of foldspace travel.
Although Leto knew the chance is an entangled trap set by his enemies, the Harkonnens. Leto had to take his Bene Gesserit concubine Lady Jessica, and Paul, his son and heir, and along with him his trusted advisers to Arrakis which is also known as Dune.
Leto took control and was in charge of the spice mining operation, which was risky due to the presence of a giant sandworm. Paul and Jessica were betrayed bitterly and led them to the Fremen, who were natives of Arrakis (Dune) who lived in the deep desert.
- Timothée Chalamet as Paul Atreides, a decent of the House Atreides
- Rebecca Ferguson as Lady Jessica, Leto Duke concubine and also the Paul’s Bene Gesserit mother
- Oscar Isaac as Duke Leto Atreides, newly installed stewardship in Arrakis and the man in control of the spice operation.
- Josh Brolin as Gurney Halleck, Pauls mentor and also the weapons master of House Atreides
- Stellan Skarsgard as Baron Vladimir Harkonnen, Leto enemy and was the previous steward of Arrakis
- Dave Bautista as Glossu Rabban is the savage nephew of Baron Harkonnen
- Zendaya as Chani, Paul love interest and shes also the Fremen daughter of Imperial Planetologist Liet-Kynes
- David Dastmalchian as Piter De Vries, a Mentat that is twisted and loyal to the Baron
Stephen McKinley Henderson
- Charlotte Rampling as Gaius Helen Mohiam, the Emperor’s Soothsayer and also a Bene Gesserit Reverend Mother
- Jason Momoa as Duncan Idaho, In the House of Atreides he is the swordmaster
- Javier Bardem as Stilgar, At Sietch Tabr he leads the Fremen tribe
- Chang Chen as Dr. Wellington Yueh, Employed Suk doctor in the Atreides family
- Directed by Denis Villeneuve
- Produced by Jr. Denis Villeneuve, Mary Parent, Joe Caracciolo, Cale Boyter
- Screenplay by Eric Roth, Jon Spaihts, Denis Villeneuve
- Based on Dune by Frank Herbert
- Starring Javier Bardem, Timothée Chalamet, David Dastmalchian, Rebecca Ferguson, Oscar Isaac, Stephen McKinley Henderson, Josh Brolin, Stellan Skarsgard, Dave Bautista, Zendaya, Charlotte Rampling, Jason Momoa
- Music by Hans Zimmer
- Cinematography Greig Fraser
- Edited by Joe Walker
- Production companies Villeneuve Films, Legendary Pictures, Warner Bros. Pictures
- Distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures
- Release date December 18, 2020 (United States)
- Country United States, Hungary, Canada, United Kingdom
- Language English