Early Man is a British stop-motion animated historical sports comedy movie. The movie says a lot about a spirited cave man named Dug and his sidekick, Hognob. It tells about how Dug and the whole of his tribe face a grave threat to its entire existence.
The enemy, being the mighty Lord Nooth and his Bronze Age City plans to take over their land. Turning it into a giant mine, forcing Dug and his entire tribe to dig for precious metals.
Early man, which was directed by Nick Park, written by Mark Burton and James Higginson was first released on 26 January 2018 in the United Kingdom, and then the United States on 16 February 2018. Produced by Aardman Animations and BFI.
The movie, with a budget of 50 million USD tells of how Dug intends to gather his tribe to defend their land from the Bronze-using invaders in an association future match that determines the existence of his tribe. The match winner gets possession of the valley and its bronze deposits. Lord Nooth thinks, it is a great idea. Dug and his fellow tribespeople are amateur and there’s no indication that his people even know what football is, let alone how to play it. His team are professionals. Why not?
Dug’s first training session is a disaster. Dug discovers that although his ancestors invented football, the other members of his tribe are too dim to understand it. After their only ball is destroyed, Dug and his pet boar, Hognob sneak into the city to steal more but are found by a local resident of Bronze city named Goona. Resentful over the team’s exclusion of women, she helps them steal some balls and agrees to coach the cavemen.
Goon begins coaching the cavemen. Improving their skills and teamwork. On the match day, everything in place. Then comes the kickoff. Losing 3-1 in the first half, rally in the second half to equal the score. Nooth incapacitates the referee and takes his place, making biased calls in favor of the local team. A winner must emerge.
Early Man movie cast
- Eddie Redmayne as Dug, a Stone Age caveman.
- Tom Hiddleston as Lord Nooth, an evil king of the Bronze Age City.
- Miriam Margolyes as the Queen Oofeefa, the queen of the Bronze Age City.
- Maisie Williams as Goona, a tomboyish vendor and football enthusiast in the Bronze City who Dug befriends.
- Timothy Spall as Chief Bobnar, the chieftain of Dug’s tribe.
- Kayvan Novak as Dino, Lord Nooth’s advisor, and referee.
- Rob Brydon as Brian and Bryan, football commentators in the Bronze Age City (also voices Message Bird, a pigeon who carries messages).
- Richard Ayoade as Treebor, a large and cowardly member of Dug’s tribe.
- Selina Griffiths as Magma, a member of Dug’s tribe who is the overbearing mother of Treebor.
- Johnny Vegas as Asbo, a fidgety member of Dug’s tribe.
- Gina Yashere as Gravelle, an injury-prone brown-skinned member of Dug’s tribe.
- Mark Williams as Barry, a member of Dug’s tribe who isn’t bright and has a rock friend named Mr. Rock.
- Richard Webber as Grubup, a hungry member of Dug’s tribe who will eat anything.
- Nick Park as Hognob, the Dug’s pet wild boar.
- Simon Greenall as Eemak, a warm and funny member of Dug’s tribe who the other tribe has trouble understanding (also voices Thongo, a strong and silent member of Dug’s tribe who mostly responds with a grunt).
Early Man Movie Details
- Release Date:- February 16, 2018 (USA).
- Director:- Nick Park
- Production companies:- Aardman Animations, UK Film Council.
- Budget:- 50 million USD.
- Box office:- 42.6 million USD.
Watch Early Man Trailer