Extraction is an American action-thriller movie. Directed by Sam Hargrave and written by Joe Rususo, based on the graphic novel Ciudad. The film received mixed reviews from critics, who praised the performances and action sequences. The plot and excessive violence were criticized.
Producers: Joe Russo, Anthony Russo, Mike Larocca, Chris Hemsworth, Eric Gitter, Peter Schwern.
Writers: Joe Russo
Editors: Peter B. Ellis, Ruthie Aslan
Director: Sam Hargrave
Cinematography: Newton Thomas Sigel
Country: United States
Duration: 117 minutes
Release Date: April 24, 2020
Extraction Movie Cast
- Chris Hemsworth as Tyler Rake. He is a former SASR operator, who later turned black ops mercenary.
- Rudhraksh Jaiswal as Ovi Mahajan. He is the son of Indian crime lord “Ovi Mahajan Sr.”
- Randeep Hooda as Saju Rav. He is a former Para (Special Forces) operator and henchman of “Ovi Mahajan Sr.”
- Golshifteh Farahani as Nik Khan. She is a mercenary and partner of Tyler.
- Pankaj Tripathi as Ovi Mahajan Sr. He is the incarcerated Indian crime lord and father of Ovi.
- David Harbour as Gaspar. A former teammate of Tyler living in Dhaka.
- Priyanshu Painyuli as Amir Asif. A Bangladeshi crime lord who kidnaps Ovi.
- Sudipto Balav as Shadek. A henchman of Amir Asif
- Adam Bessa as Yaz Khan
- Sharaf Figar as Bajlur Rashid. A colonel of a Bangladeshi elite force working for Amir
- Suraj Rikame as Farhad. A young boy who turned henchman of Amir.
- Neha Mahajan as Neysa. Saju’s wife
- Sam Hargrave as Gaetan. A mercenary and partner of Tyler.
- Abhinav Srivastava as Sanjib. The rooftop boy
Extraction Movie Plot
After a day at school. Ovi Mahajan sneaks out of his house to visit a club. Where he is kidnapped by police officers working for rival drug lord “Amir Asif”. Saju Rav visits Ovi’s father in prison, unwilling to pay the ransom as it will hurt the prestige of Ovi’s father, orders Saju to retrieve his son, threatening Saju’s own family.
A black-market mercenary and former SASR ‘Tyler Rake’. Is recruited by fellow mercenary Nik Khan to rescue Ovi from Dhaka, Bangladesh. Rake and Khan’s team prepare to rescue Ovi. With his father’s men set to pay them once immediately, Ovi is recovered.
Rake rescued Ovi killed his captor and took him to the extraction point, but Ovi’s father’s men intentionally fail to transfer the money. Saju kills Rake’s teammates to bring Ovi back himself to avoid any payment to the mercenary group. Asif learns of Ovi’s escape and orders an immediate lockdown of Dhaka, securing all bridges out of the city.
Khan arranges for a helicopter to take Rake outside the city and abandon Ovi as they will not get paid for Ovi’s extraction contract.
Rake refuses, haunted by memories of his own son, who died from lymphoma when he left. After escaping Saju, the corrupt police and tactical units, Rake fights off a gang of boys led by Farhad. He called his friend Gaspar living in Dhaka, he and Ovi lay low at Gaspar’s home.
Gaspar reveals that Asif placed a $10 million bounty on Ovi, which he offers to share if Rake let him kill Ovi. He refused and fought Gasper, Gasper is fatally shot by Ovi.
Rake Called Saju and ask for his help, they team up to escape Dhaka. He disguised Saju and Ovi as the two make their way through a bridge checkpoint, then follows to cover their escape.
Khan and her remaining mercenaries approach from the opposite side of the bridge, Asif watched them from afar with binoculars. Saju is sniped by Asif’s colonel in an ensuing firefight, who is in turn sniped by Khan. Rake instructs Ovi to run to Khan’s waiting helicopter.