The social media ‘Facebook’ has a new feature, which is called the 3D photo. It adds a layer of depth to your news feed. It is a new way to share your memories and moments in time with a fun, lifelike dimension in both news feed and VR. Also, It captures the distance between the subject in the foreground and the background of a photo, to bring scenes to life with depth and movement.
Facebook 3D photo
The Facebook 3D photo is a new Facebook feature designed to make pictures appear more immersive in your news feed and from your VR headset.
How to Create and share a Facebook 3D photos
With an iPhone
Iphones with Portrait modes e.g. iPhone 7+, iPhone 8+, iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS iPhone XSMax, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max
- Click “What’s on your mind?’ at the top of your news feed.
- Click “Write something…” in a group or page.
- Click on photo or video
- Select your portrait mode photo and click on ‘Done’.
- Click ‘Make 3D’ in the top left of your photo.
- Click Share or Post.
For iPhone without portrait mode
- Click “What’s on your mind?” at the top of your news feed.
- Click on “Write something…” ina group or page
- Scroll down and click on 3D photo
- Select the picture you would like to use
- Click on share or post.
With a computer
- Save your image in .png or .jpg format
- Make sure your map has a depth attached to the file name and has the same ratio as the image you are using (e.g myimage_depth.png).
- Click on photo or video at the top of your news feed
- select your file, then drag and put your file onto your post (the file is the image and the depth map).
- when you add the files to your post, the 3D image will be created.
- Then you click on post.
With an Android Phone
- Tap on “What’s on your mind?” at the top of the news feed.
- Tap on “Write something…” in a group or page
- Scroll down and then click on a 3D photo
- Choose the photo you would like to use
- Click on share and post
- 3D photos cannot be edited
- Only a single 3D picture can be shared at a time
- 3d photos can’t be added to an album
- 3D photos cannot be used in ads or boosted if you are posting a 3D photo from a page.
- To remove the 3D effect, you can tap on “Remove 3D” in the top left of your photo.
- You are going to get the best results if your main subject is three or four feet away.
- Capture scenes with multiple layers of depth.
- Capture subjects with contrasting colors.
- You need to capture subjects that have some texture to them, solid edges and are not too shiny.
- Avoid transparent objects like glass, as the depth sensors can miss those.
If you have a story you want to tell, send it to Cinema9ja Ent. via email@example.com