All social media platforms have been coming up with more updates on their app. Facebook now has a new feature which is called Facebook Avatar. With these features, you will be able to create a cartoon avatar of yourself. This Facebook feature has been made available in New Zealand, Australia, Europe, and Canada.
What is Facebook Avatar?
Facebook avatars are like Bitmoji characters, which enables its users to create their own lookalike. This Facebook avatar allows you to share your expression through a digital persona that is a unique representation of you.
You can use these avatars in comments, Facebook stories, and messenger, the same way you use your happy, angry, or thumbs up emoji on Facebook.
This Facebook avatar is a new form of self-expression which is similar to Snapchat’s Bitmoji. It is also expanding its avatar customizations to include new hairstyles, complexions, and outfits.
The Facebook avatar was first introduced last year in Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, and The United Kingdom. It expanded to Canada and Europe this year but has been officially launched this year in the UK
How to create your own Facebook Avatar
To create an avatar on Facebook;
- Open your Facebook and click on the three horizontal lines at the right of your screen.
- scroll down and click on See More.
- Tap on Avatar.
- Click on Next.
- Click on Get Started.
- Select one of the skin tone options and click on next at the bottom of the screen.
- Customize your avatar in different ways by choosing their hairstyles, makeup, hair color, etc.
- After customizing your avatar, click on the checkmark icon at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Click on Next.
- Click on Done
Ther are a lot of websites that can create avatars from photos, such as zmoji. To create an avatar from photos, you’ll
- Download an avatar ap such as zmoji. Zmoji is an app for both iOS and Android
- Open the app and choose gender, avatar, style, and facial recognition.
- Take a selfie
- Save your work
If you don’t want to use facial recognition, you can use the Manual Creation. This helps you create your customized avatar manually.
How to use your Avatar on Facebook.
To use your Facebook Avatars;
- Go to Facebook or Messenger comment composer
- Click on the Smiley button that takes you to stickers.
- Click on your avatar.
After creating your avatar, you can edit it at any time from the Facebook Bookmark section. The Facebook Bookmark section is the three horizontal lines in the bottom-right of Facebook. To edit your avatar, you’ll need to;
- Click on See More
- Click on Avatars, in the list that appears. Then you can edit it.