Facebook rolled out its new feature (Facebook Avatar) to the users in the US, after launching it last year in other countries. Facebook Avatar is a Facebook feature that allows its users to create a cartoon photo of themselves. These cartoon photos can be used in comments, Facebook stories, and Messenger.
According to Facebook, this is a way to give users a better means of expressing themselves. This feature has been made available in Australia, New Zealand, Europe, and Canada. It was recently launched in the US.
How to make your Facebook Avatar
To be able to make your Facebook Avatar, you will have to update your Facebook to the latest version. Most importantly, you will have an active Facebook account. If you don’t have a Facebook account, you will need one. Here is how to create a Facebook account:
- Go to your Google play store or App store
- In the search bar, type Facebook, and click on download.
- After downloading, it will install automatically.
- Go to your home screen and open your Facebook app.
- Then you create your Facebook profile by following the steps in creating it.
After creating an account, here is how to create an avatar:
- Open your Facebook app
- Tap on the three stacked lines at the upper right corner on your android phone.
- Scroll down and click on see more.
- Click on Avatars.
- Click on Next and then Get Started.
- Then you will choose a skin tone.
- After that, you will be instructed to choose a hairstyle for your Avatar. You can also awl cf (short, medium, or long) for a variety of styles.
- Next is the Avatar’s face icon. Here, you’ll select the face shape, complexion, and face lines.
- Nest, you will select an eye shape, color, and lash length, after which you will customize the nose and mouth.
- After that, you will select a body shape, and also select an outfit.
- After you must have done all that is listed above, click the checkmark icon at the upper right corner. Then click on Next and then Done.
That’s all! Now you have a Facebook Avatar of yourself, which you can share with friends and family.
Note: It is multi-racial, so you shouldn’t worry if it doesn’t have your exact look.
How to use your Facebook Avatar
After creating your avatar, you can use it as comments, stickers, messages, or share it on your news feed. To achieve this, go through the following process:
Using Avatar as a Comment
- Go to the comment section and tap on the face icon.
- Click on the colored fave that is at the bottom right f your screen. By doing this, all your avatar stickers will appear.
- Select the avatar you want and then send it.
Using Avatars in Messenger.
- Tap on the face icon in your message section.
- After clicking on the face icon in your message section, you will see Use Avatar as Stickers.
- Click on the sticker icon and then you can use your avatar.
Using Avatar as stickers
Go to the top right corner of your Facebook, there you will see an option for you to share as stickers. Click on it and you will see a lot of stickers for you to share with your friends.