Facebook has been creating new updates recently, which include; Facebook avatar, Facebook dating, Facebook gaming, etc. In this article, you will learn about Facebook Gaming and how it works.
Facebook gaming is a gaming video hub on FB, which is designed to help game addicts play casual games, and connect with other gamers. This FB gaming has been in an experimental phase for a while. Facebook intended to release the gaming app in June, but during the coronavirus outbreak, it was released earlier during the lockdown.
How to Stream your Gaming on Facebook Gaming
Streaming a game on Facebook gaming is a very easy thing to do. Facebook has a separate page that will enable you to sign-up and join the Facebook gaming creators community. All you need to do is;
- Sign-up to join the Facebook Gaming Creators Community.
- Create a Gaming Video Creator Page.
- Set up the software by using either Streamlabs OBS, Split, or OBS Studio.
- Create a scene in the software.
- Go to Creator Dashboard to access your stream key and prepare the stream
- Go live!
How to Create a Gaming Video Creator Page.
To be able to stream games on FB, you will have to set up a Gaming Video Creator Page. With this page, you will be able to stream and build an audience. n this page, you can also host former broadcasts, curate clips, and post content for your fans. to create this page, all you need to do is;
- Go to the Gaming Page Creator.
- Input a name for your page.
- Click on Continue.
- Tap on Upload a profile picture. you can tap on Skip if you don’t want to upload a picture.
- Click on Upload a Cover Photo or skip if you don’t want to upload a picture.
- Select Send Notification or Not Now. The ‘send notification will alert your friends about your page, while the ‘Not Now’ will skip the step.
How to make money with FB Gaming.
Facebook gaming is fun and you can also earn from it, through its “Level Up Program”. In order to join this program, streamers need to;
- Be 18 years or older
- Be active for at least 14 days.
- Have up to 100 followers on their page.
- Stream contents for at least 4 hours in 14 days period.
- Stream on at least for 2 days in that 14 days.
Once you do all that is mentioned above, you can visit your Creator Dashboard and apply for the Level Up Program. having joined the Level Up program, you can monetize your stream.
So that viewers will be able to send you Facebook Stars. FB pays USD 0.01 for every star you receive so in order to get paid, you need to earn 10,000 stars or 100 USD. You also need to set up your payment settings.