What is Facebook Gaming?
Facebook Gaming is an app designed to help game lovers to easily discover content, and connect with other gamers, and also play casual games. Facebook intended to release the gaming app in June and has been in an experimental phase for a while. During the lock down period, the release was hastened.
How to Stream Games on Facebook Gaming
Streaming a game is an easy thing to do, it has a separate page that enables you to sign-up and joins the gaming Creators community. To do that you’ll
- Have to Sign-up to join the FB Gaming Creators Community.
- Have to Create a Gaming Video Creator Page.
- Set up the software by using either OBS, Split, OBS Studio or Streamlabs.
- Also, create a scene in the software.
- Go to Creator Dashboard to access your stream key and prepare the stream
- Go live!
How to Create a Gaming Video Creator Page.
To stream games on Facebook, you will have to set up a Gaming Video Creator Page. This page will enable you to stream and build an audience, you can also host former broadcasts, curate clips, and post content for your fans. To create this page, you will have to:
- Go to the “Gaming Page Creator”.
- Choose a name for your page.
- Tap on “Continue”.
- Click on “Upload a profile picture” or “skip”. Click on Skip if you don’t want to upload a picture.
- Select “Upload a Cover Photo” or “skip”. Click on skip if you don’t want to upload a picture.
- Select “Send Notification” or “Not Now”. The send notification will notify your friends about your new page, while the ‘Not Now’ will skip the step.
Earning money with Facebook Gaming.
Facebook gaming is fun and you can also be used as a means of income, through its “Level Up Program”. To be able to join this program, streamers need to;
- Be 18 years or above
- Have up to 100 followers on their page.
- Be active for at least 14 days.
- Stream on at least for 2 days in that 14 days.
- Stream contents for at least 4 hours in 14 days period.
Once you have done all that is mentioned above, you will visit your Creator Dashboard and opt-in for the Level Up Program. After joining the Level Up program, you can monetize your stream, so your viewers will be able to send you Facebook Stars.
Facebook will pay USD 0.01 for each star you receive. In order to get paid, you need to earn 10,000 stars or 100 USD, and also set up your payment settings.