Ghostbuster: Afterlife is an American upcoming supernatural comedy movie. It is directed by Jason Reitman and the movie was written by Reitman and Gill Kenan. The movie features Carrie Coon, Finn Wolfhard, Mckenna Grace, and Paul Rudd. Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Ernie Hudson, Sigourney Weaver, and Annie Potts retained their roles from the original movies.
It is a sequel of the Ghostbusters (1984) and Ghostbusters II (1989) and its the fourth movie overall in the series of Ghostbuster.
After the second movie, thirty years later a family moves to a small town, and they discovered there the original Ghostbusters and the secret legacy of their grandfather.
Meanwhile, the make of the third Ghostbusters movie has been in development in different stages after the release of the Ghostbusters II in 1989.
Things turned in another way as Murray refused to be committed in the project, and Harold Ramis who was a cast member died in 2014.
Sony then made a reboot. The movie was underpowered at the box office then Reitmanbegan to develop a direct continuation from the original movie. By July 2019 they announced the new cast members, while two months later the original cast signed in.
Ghostbuster: Afterlife Plot
A woman and her two children move to a farm in Summerville, Oklahoma, after they were evicted from their home. The farm was their grandfathers’ so they inherited it.
The experienced series of earthquakes and the children discovered the original Ghostbuster was linked to their family.
It has been something mysterious and many have forgotten the events of the “Manhattan Crossrip of 1984” for long, and they found the secret legacy left by their grandfather.
Ghostbuster: Afterlife Cast.
- Mckenna Grace as Phoebe
- Finn Wolfhard as Trevor
- Carrie Coon as Callie
- Paul Rudd as Mr. Grooberson
- Logan Kim as Phoebe’s classmate
- Celeste O’Connor as Trevor’s classmate
- Bill Murray as Dr. Peter Venkman
- Dan Aykroyd as Dr. Raymond “Ray” Stantz
- Ernie Hudson as Winston Zeddemore
- Sigourney Weaver as Dana Barrett
- Annie Potts as Janine Melnitz
- Oliver Cooper as Elton
- Bokeem Woodbine as Sheriff Domingo
- Tracy Letts
- Directed by Jason Reitman
- Produced by Ivan Reitman
- Written by Gil Kenan, Jason Reitman
- Based on Ghostbusters by Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis
- Starring Carrie Coon, Finn Wolfhard, Mckenna Grace, Paul Rudd
- Music by Rob Simonsen
- Cinematography Eric Steelberg
- Edited by Dana E. Glauberman, Nathan Orloff
- Production company Columbia Pictures, Bron Creative, Ghost Corps, The Montecito Picture Company, Right of Way Films
- Distributed by Sony Pictures Releasing
- Release date March 5, 2021 (United States)
- Country United States
- Language English
Under the project named “Rust City”, they began principal photography on July 12, 2019, in Calgary, Alberta, and area, it lasted till October.
They shoot the movie in different locations, such as Crossfield, Beiseker, and Drumheller during July and August 2019.
They also used another location around Alberta. It was confirmed by Reitman on October 18, 2019, that the filming was a wrap after 68 days.
Ghostbusters: Afterlife was initially dated to be released on July 10, 2020, in the United States by the Sony Pictures Releasing. But now it has been shifted due to the coronavirus pandemic to March 5, 2021.