Google slides is an application created by Google. It is a presentation program that is included as part of a free, web-based software office suite. Which is being offered by Google within its Google Drive service. These services include Google Sheets as well as Google Docs. A spreadsheet and a word processor respectively.
It can also be defined as an online presentation application that enables users to showcase their work in a visual way. On Google slides, you can create and edit presentations with your friends and coworkers and share it.
The app was initially released on the 9th day of March, in the year 2006 and it is available in 83 languages. It can be operated on iOS, Android phones, BlackBerry, macOS, ChromeOS, and Windows.
How to use Google Slides.
Here’s how to use Google Slide:
- Go to the Google Play Store to download and install the “Google Slide” app.
- Then create or edit a presentation by inserting and arranging text, lines, and shapes and also by presenting slides.
- You can now share and work with other people.
On the iPhone and iPad:
- Using the Google Slides on iPhone is the same as Android. The only difference is that you will have to go to the “App Store” to download and install the Google Slides App.
- Begin by creating a presentation.
To create a presentation, go to “slides.google.com” and then open the slides home screen. After that, click on “New +”. You will find it under “Start a new presentation”.
Once you do the above, it will automatically create and open your new presentation. You can as well create new presentations from https://docs.google.com/presentation/
- Next, is to edit and format a presentation.
Here, you can add, edit. Format text, images, and even videos in a presentation. You can as well:
1. Insert and arrange text, shapes, and lines.
2. Add, delete, and organize slides.
3. Add animations to a slide.
- Finally, share your files and folders with others. You can also choose if they can view, edit, or even comment on them.
How to download the Google Slides App.
- Open your mobile device and go to the Google Play Store.
- In the search bar, type in “Google Slides”.
- You will now the app. Click on it to download and install the app. The app will automatically appear in your Home screen.
Google Slides Theme.
A theme on Google slide is a preset group of fonts, layouts, colors, and backgrounds.
How to change the theme on your Android phone:
- Go to the Google Slides and open a presentation.
- In the top right corner of your screen, click on “More” then “Change theme”.
- Then click on the theme you want.
How to change the theme on your iPhone and iPad:
- Go to the Google Slide and open a presentation.
- In the top right corner of your screen, click on “More” and then “Change theme”.
- Now click on the theme of your choice.
How to change the theme on your computer:
- Open a presentation in Google Slides.
- Click on “Slide” then “Change theme”.
- Next, is to click on the theme you want.