Facebook, as we all know is a social media platform that has millions of users. We can get bored/tired of seeing a friend or family posts, or even mad at a friend in real life and want some space.
Unfriending them is always an option but it’s a harsh one, as it can’t be undone without letting the friend know you unfriend them in the first place.
However, blocking them can be undone without letting them know you did that in the first place.
This article will walk you through the process of blocking and unblocking someone on Facebook or within the Messenger app.
How to Block Someone on Facebook
There are three steps to unblock someone on Facebook which are:
- Login to your Facebook account and search for the person you want to block either by searching for their names or by scrolling through your friend list.
- Go to his/her page.
- At the top right side of his/her page, click on the three little dots in a parallel line.
- On the dropdown menu that appears, click on Block.
- On the window that pops up, click on Confirm, and Okay on the next window.
- Login to your Facebook account
- Open your chats with that person you want to block
- At the top right side, you will see a setting icon, click on it
- Select “Block…”
- Then confirm you want to block him/her.
- At the top right side of your Facebook page, click on the three horizontal lines or Menu.
- Scroll down and select Settings.
- In the settings, scroll down and click on Blocking
- Click on Add to block list.
You have successfully blocked that person you want to block.
Note: When you block someone on Facebook, you will also automatically unfriend them without them noticing. If you unblock them, they’ll be readded to your friend’s list automatically.
How to Block someone in The Facebook Messenger app
To block someone in the Messenger app, You’ll
- On Messenger, open your chats with that person
- Click on the Info icon at the top right of your screen. The info icon is like a bold letter “I”
- Scroll down and click on Block
- Confirm to block that person
How to unblock Someone on Facebook
To unblock someone on Facebook, you’ll
- Go to Menu. The three horizontal lines at the top right corner of your Facebook page
- Scroll down and click on Settings and privacy. A dropdown will appear, still, click on settings.
- In the settings, select Blocking
- You will see a list of people you have blocked, search for who you want to block and click on the Unblock link beside his/her name.
- Select Confirm to unblock that person.
How to Unblock Someone in Your Messenger app
- Click on your photo icon at the top left corner
- Scroll down and click on Account Settings
- Select Blocking
- You will see a list of Previously blocked people, search for the person you want to block.
- Click on the blue Unblock button beside the name of the person you want to block.
- The confirm you want to block that person