Looking for how to deactivate a Facebook account? Are you dissatisfied with the content of your Facebook profile and wish to erase it? Deleting your Facebook account is an easy and quick process. At times, reading through Facebook and seeing the same stories or faces in your feed over and over again might become boring.
At times, Facebook will repeatedly bring back memories that we wish to let go of, regardless of whether we delete the post. Because people retain those recollections.
The best course of action is to remove the account, but how can you do that? This post will explain how to deactivate Facebook in order to address that question.
Additionally, you can give the platform a break by deactivating the account, which is an excellent alternative if you intend to continue using Facebook.
How To Delete Facebook
This how-to deactivate a Facebook account guide is simply a step-by-step explanation of how to completely delete a Facebook account. Facebook deactivation is as simple as opening a Facebook account. To delete those memories permanently, you would need to cancel the account.
This can be accomplished via the Facebook mobile application or the company’s official website.
What Happens If You Delete Your Facebook Account?
The account gets permanently deleted from the platform. That is, access to that profile will not be granted again. All data associated with or related to the profile would be deleted.
As a result, the deletion process is postponed in case you change your mind. It may take up to 90 days to completely remove data from backup systems. During this time period, no one will be able to access your profile on the platform. You may revert the deletion during this time period.
Deactivating a Facebook Account
Deactivating a Facebook account is the process of temporarily deleting the account from the platform. When you deactivate an account, it does not mean that it is deleted, as you can still access it at any time. If you’re looking to take a break from the platform, this is the choice for you. In the event that you deactivate your account. The account can be reactivated at any time.
You will be invisible to search engines. That is, others will be unable to view your timeline or search for you in the future. The majority of data, such as messages, will remain viewable to others.
How to Login to Facebook – How to Delete Facebook
You can delete your account via the app or the website. As a prerequisite for initiating the deletion procedure, ensure that the profile is signed in. To log in, follow the instructions below;
- Launch the Facebook app or open a browser and navigate to the official Facebook website.
- Enter your phone number or email address, as well as the associated password.
- Click Login
- If the credential entered in the box is valid, the profile will be loaded immediately on the device. You can begin the process of account deactivation by navigating to your account settings.
How to Delete Your Facebook Account Permanently
To permanently remove your Facebook account from the platform, follow the procedures below;
- On the top right-hand side of the page, click the icon.
- The drop-down menu will appear; from the left column, touch on “Settings” and “Your Facebook Information.”
- Following that, click “Deactivation and Deletion”.
- Navigate to the “Delete Account” option and click “Continue to Account Deletion.”
- When prompted, enter your password and click “Continue” and “Delete Account.”
The Best Way to Deactivate Your Facebook Account
Deactivating your account entails temporarily leaving the platform and is a simple process. To disable, follow the instructions below;
- On the right side of your profile, click the icon.
- In the left column, choose the “Settings” icon and then the “Your Facebook Information” option.
- Select “Deactivation and Deletion”.
- Then select “Deactivate Account” from the drop-down menu.
- Then click “Continue to Deactivation of Account.”
- When prompted, enter the account password.
Once you’ve completed all of the procedures above, your Facebook account will be canceled and you’ll be logged out immediately. To revive the Facebook account, you only need to enter the login credentials. If you found this guide helpful, please share with your family and friends
If you have a story you want to tell, send it to Cinema9ja Ent. via [email protected]