X-Men is one of the highest standards and profile film franchises ever made. Although it is very hard to believe the X-Men Cinematic Universe started almost two decades ago.
It is no doubt that X-Men movies are very outstanding among film franchise in that they have been going on for 20 years now without any major resets. Yeah, new characters have been added and also removed.
X-Men Movies in Order of Release
This is the first movie that introduced the X-Men as we all know them to film audiences. Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, Anna Paquin as Rogue, Patrick Stewart who is the Professor. The movie mostly follows Wolverine and Rogue as they join up with the X-Men for the first time and into a fight between Magneto and Professor X.
- X-Men 2: Men United( 2003)
The movie goes deeper and deeper into Wolverine’s backstory when the X-Men go up against an enemy, Colonel William Stryker, which crossed paths with Wolverine in the past.
- X-Men: The Last Stand(2006)
The Last stand focuses on a cure for the mutant genome marketed by a company known as Worthington Labs. The cure creates an immediate divide in the mutant population, making Magneto recreate his brotherhood of Mutants. While Jean Grey(Famke Jansen) came back to life. Professor X( Patrick Stewart) reveals her death released a dangerous side of her personality knows as the Phoenix
- X-Men Origins: Wolverine( 2009)
This movie is regarded as one of the worst superhero movies of all time. It spans Wolverine’s life, from his childhood in the 1840s in Canada, before he has his brother Victor Creed are forced to an absconder. This film removes all doubt, tells his whole story.
Logan is Hugh Jackman’s final turn as Wolverine. He is still living as a limo driver in a dystopian version of El Paso. his ability to heal very fast begun to fade away and the world has not seen any other mutant born in 25 years. Although he wants to continue his life in peace, he is forced to protect a young girl who also has powers just like him and also heals very fast similar to his own.
The Following X-Men in Order of Release
- First Class
This is actually the fifth X-Men film released by Fox, but it’s first on the list. It is the origin story for some of the most important characters in the X-Men Cinematic Universe. It goes back to the founding of the X- Men and the declining friendship between Professor X and Magneto that goes awful
- The Wolverine( 2013)
The movie deals with the aftermath of Wolverine killing Jean Grey at the end of the Last Stand. He later became an introvert in the woods and he was discovered by Yukio, a mutant with the ability to foresee anyone’s death.
- X-Men: Days of Future Past
This is where everything became very clear. When mutants are hunted down and murdered by indestructible robots which are known as Sentinels. Kitty Pryde( Ellen Page) uses her ability to send Wolverine to 1973 to change the past. He runs into the version of the X-Men played by the cast of First Class.
- Deadpool ( 2016)
This makes an appearance in X-Men Origins, but Wolverine does not expect him around him or Professor X. Deadpool is the furthest thing from normal. This movie follows mercenary Wade Wilson as he falls in love with Vannessa( Morena Baccarin). He later got engaged but received a very terminal illness leading him to enter an experimental program that receives a serum that wakes his dormant mutant genes.
- X-Men: Apocalypse( 2016)
This film awakens in 1983 after being buried in ancient Egypt. The arrival of Apocalypse causes disturbances that warns James McAvoy’s Charles Xavier of his presence, soon the X- Men came to realized that the mutant being is intent on demolishing the world as we know it.
Characters and Their Roles in X-Men
- Professor X( Charles Xavier) The founder of the X- Men, Professor Xavier is very similar to his comic counterpart and his friendship with Megento is explored in greater detail during this series. He is the headmaster of the Xavier Institute for Higher Learning. He has the mind to control, also sensing the presence of other mutants in a limited radius.
- Wolverine( Logan) Wolverine is almost taking straight from the comics. But he never kills his opponents, it has been implied several times that he would if the other X-Men were not there to hold him back. He’s an amazing regenerative power and heightened senses. His claws and adamantium endoskeleton are not part of his original mutant powers.
- Stor(Ororo Monroe) She was orphaned at an early age and spent all her childhood living on the streets, trying to survive. Storm defeated Callisto to become the leader of the Morlocks. She has the power to control the weather of all different array of manifestations. Storm can also use bursts of wind to enable her power of flight.
- Cyclops(Scott Summers) He is the field commander of the X-Men. This version of Cyclops is very similar to the comic book version. His eyes are his power, Cyclops eyes produce a very powerful burst of light that can make destructible damage. But he can control himself he closes his eyes or hides them behind ruby quartz crystals.
Some other Main Character and their Roles
- Beast( Henry” Hank” McCoy) He is seen as a calm giant, very kind-hearted, and very intellectual. His natural powers are supreme agility and super strength.
- Jean Grey( Catherine Disher) She is the heart and soul figure of the X-Men. Mostly seen at the side of Professor X as he always discusses the purposes and activities of the team.
- Morph( Kevin Sydney) A member of the X-Men and also a very close friend to Wolverine who later killed in the first episode by Sentinels. He later reappeared as a recurring villain in the second were revealed that showed that Mr. Sinister has saved and brainwashed him.