What is Pinterest?
Pinterest Board Ideas: Pinterest is a platform which enables its users to share, explore, and store visual, helpful, entertaining, and inspiring contents. It also enables users add or pin their chosen content to boards with a common theme, this makes it organized and so other users can discover new contents related to their interests. Once you sign up to Pinterest, you can start sharing contents.
Pinterest was founded 10 years back, in December 2009 by Paul Sciarra, Ben Silbermann, and Evan sharp. Pinterest was launched in March 2010 as a closed beta, it is available in Hungarian language, Hindi, Thai language, English and more.
Signing up for a Pinterest Account
- Go to playstore and download the Pinterest app.
- Open the app and click on Sign up. You can sign up using your email address and password or Goggle account or with your Facebook.
- Fill in your email address, password, and select Continue. Or, select Continue with Google and log in to your Goggle account. Or, select Continue with Facebook and log in to your Facebook account.
- You will see a welcome message from Pinterest, then you select Next.
- Choose your areas of interest, and click on Done.
- You will receive an email from Pinterest that ask you to confirm your email address.
- Your Pinterest account is set.
What are Pinterest Board Ideas?
Boards in Pinterest are where you collect, save, and organize your Pins. You can create Pinterest boards from your profile or when you add a new Pin.
Creating boards from your Profile
- Tap on your profile photo to open your profile and click on Boards.
- Select Create board.
- Input a name for your board. Click on the box next to “Visibility” if you want to keep your board secret.
- Click on “Add dates” field to add a start and end date .
- Then click Create.
Creating Boards when you add a new Pin
- Go to the Pin you want to save.
- Select the name of the suggested board at the top of the Pin.
- Select “Create Board” at the bottom of the list.
- Write a name for your board, and add dates. You can turn on the switch under “Secret” if you want the board to be secret, or add “Collaborators” if you want.
- If you’re asked to pick ideas to start off your board, you can click some to create sections and then click some Pins to be in those sections .
- Then click Create.
Pinterest Board Ideas
If you are a maker and you want to grow your audience, you need to be strategic about your Pinterest Board Ideas, Pin and boards you create. Listed below are top Pinterest Board Ideas that every creative business should have.
- Food and Drink (images of food that your target market will love).
- DIY and Craft
- Home Decor
- Health and Wellness
- Your Products
- Boards wit products similar to yours.
- Inspirational Quotes
- Hair & Beauty