Playmobil is an action/ Computer-animated adventure comedy film based on the German building toy Playmobil. The Movie was directed by Lino DiSalvo written by Greg Erb & Jason Oremland after an initial draft had been done by Blaise Hemingway. While it was produced by On Animation Studios. The Movie stars the voices of Anya Taylor-Joy, Gabriel Bateman, Daniel Radcliffe, Jim Gaffigan, as well as Adam Lambert. The release date of the movie is Nov 22, 2019.
Playmobil more than just another animated movie because of the well-crafted storyline. The story is about Marla was forced to leave her structured life and to go on a journey because her younger brother Charlie had disappeared into the vast and marvelous animated world of Playmobil.
- Anya Taylor-Joy as Marla (voice)
- Daniel Radcliffe as Rex Dasher (voice)
- Gabriel Bateman as Charlie (voice)
- Kenan Thompson as Bloodbones (voice)
- Jim Gaffigan as Del (voice)
- Adam Lambert as Emperor Maximus (voice)
- Cindy Robinson as Nola (voice)
- Ben Diskin as Seadog (voice)
- Karen Strassman as (voice)
- Kirk Thornton as Ook-Ook (voice)
- Meghan Trainor as Keith Silverstein
- Lino DiSalvo as Robotron
- Christopher Corey Smith as Western Outlaw (voice)
- Christopher Corey Smith as Dogsled Driver (voice)
- Keith Silverstein as (voice)
- Annakin Slayd as Cop
- Maddie Taylor as Glinara (voice)
- Kellen Goff as Salty (voice)
- Dino Andrade as Scurvy Pete (voice)
- Andrew Pifko as S.K.U.L.L. scientist (voice)
- Harry Standjofski as (voice)
- Paloma Rodriguez as Valera (voice)
- Mariah Inger as (voice)
- Ryan S. Hil as 6 Year Old Charlie (voice)
- Tito Ortiz as Royal Guard (voice)
- Paul Hurwitz as Running Guard
An animated feature movie titled Playmobil Robbers, Thieves & Rebels, produced by On Entertainment, Wild Bunch and Pathé was originally expected to be released at the end of 2017.
The film originally involved Bob Persichetti as director and also as a screenwriter. The Movie is the first of the trilogy series.
February 9, 2016, Lino DiSalvo came on board to direct the $75 million budgeted film, replacing Persichetti. May 12, 2016, Open Road Films acquired the US rights to the film. This movie marks the start of DiSalvo’s directorial career after 17 years at Disney Animation.
- Moritz Borman producer
- Timothy Burrill co-producer
- Lino DiSalvo executive producer
- Greg Erb executive producer
- Olivier Glaas executive producer: live action
- Tito Ortiz executive produce