Rebecca is an upcoming British film of 2020. This film was directed by Ben Wheatley just from a screenplay by Jane Goldman, Anna Waterhouse, and Joe Shrapnel. Rebecca is based on the 1938 novel of the same name by Daphne du Maurier and stars Lily James.
Kristin Scott Thomas, Armie Hammer, Ann Dowd, Tom Goodman-Hill, Sam Riley, and Keeley Hawes.
Director: Ben Wheatley
Producer: Tim Bevan, Nira Park, and Eric Fellner.
Screenplay: Jane Goldman, Anna Waterhouse, and Joe Shrapnel
Based on: Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier.
Music: Clint Mansell
Cinematographer: Laurie Rose
Editor: Jonathan Amos
Production company: Working Title Films
Release Date: This movie, Rebecca is set to be released o the 21st of October, 2020.
Running time: The running time of Rebecca is 2 hours 1 minute which is approximately 121 minutes.
Country: United Kingdom
Language: English Language.
The casts in the movie include:
- Lily James as Mrs. de Winter
- Kristin Scott Thomas as Mrs. Danvers
- Armie Hammer as Maxim de Winter
- Keeley Hawes as Beatrice Lacy
- Tom Goodman-Hill as Frank Crawley
- Ann Dowd as Mrs. Van Hopper
- Sam Riley as Jack Favell
- Mark Lewis Jones as Inspector Welch
- Ben Crompton as Hebert Duvall
- Ashleigh Reynolds as Robert
- Jane Lapotaire as The Grandmother
Rebecca is all about a married woman who just wedded and who finds herself struggling with the shadow of the dead first wife of her husband, the inexplicable Rebecca. The production of this movie started in June last year, which is 2019. However, it was said before that the official release date of the movie hasn’t been announced yet by Netflix.
The reason is because of the suspense as well as the horror elements of Rebecca. Moreover, Netflix has announced already the release date of the movie, and it will be available in select theaters and also on Netflix on the 21st of October, 2020, which is a few days from now.
Rebecca Characters in the Novel
The characters in the novel include:
The main characters of the novel include:
- The Narrator/the Second Mrs de Winter – A naive, timid, and middle-class woman in her twenties (early) who loves to sketch.
- Mrs. Danvers – Manderley’s cold and overbearing housekeeper
- Maximilian “Maxim” de Winter – The reserved, and unemotional owner of Manderley.
- Rebecca de Winter – The unseen character.
The recurring characters in the film include:
- Frank Crawley – The dedicated and hardworking agent of Manderley.
- Frith – The middle-aged, generous, and dedicated butler at Manderley.
- Giles Lacy – Maxim’s brother-in-law.
- Beatrice Lacy (was formerly de Winter) – The quick-witted and wilful sister of Maxim.
The supporting characters in the film include:
- Robert – who is a footman.
- Clarice – A trustworthy and loyal maid of Mrs. de Winter.
- Dr. Baker – A gynecologist.
- Mrs. Van Hopper – The narrator’s employer.
- Colonel Julyan
- Jack Favell
Rebecca Release Date
Rebecca (2020 film) is scheduled to be released on Netflix and in select theaters on the 21st of October, 2020.