Searching is a 2018 American thriller film, the movie is directed by Aneesh Chaganty. The movie is written by Chaganty and Sev Ohanian. The movie is Shot from the point-of-view of smartphones and computer screens.
Searching follows a father (John Cho) who is trying to find his missing 16-year-old daughter (Michelle La) with the help of a police detective (Debra Messing). This Film is notable as the first mainstream Hollywood thriller headlined by an Asian-American actor.
Searching premiered at the Sundance Film Festival on the 21st of January 2018. The movie was released in the United States on the 24th of August 2018, by Screen Gems. Searching has grossed $32 million worldwide and received positive reviews from critics, that praised the acting, screenplay, and visual execution.
Searching Movie Plot Summary
The movie follows David Kim (John Cho)’s 16-year-old daughter missing. A local investigation is opened and a detective is assigned to the case of the missing girl. But after 37 hours without a single lead of the girls whereabout David decides to search the one place no one has looked yet.
David decided to check where all secrets are kept today: his daughter’s laptop. In a hyper-modern thriller told through the technology devices we use every day to communicate. David have to trace his daughter’s digital footprints before she disappears forever. Will David be able to find his missing child? Let’s find this out in this movie.
Searching Movie Cast
- John Cho: Played the role of David Kim, he is Pamela Nam’s husband and Margot’s father.
- Michelle La: as Margot Kim, the missing daughter of David and Pamela Kim
- Debra Messing: as Detective Rosemary Vick, the detective assigned to Margot’s case
- Sara Sohn: as Pamela Nam Kim, David’s wife, and Margot’s mother
- Joseph Lee: as Peter Kim, David’s brother
- Steven Michael Eich: as Robert Vick, Detective Vick’s son
- Kya Dawn Lau: as 9-year-old Margot Kim
- Megan Liu: As 7-year-old Margot Kim
- Alex Jayne Go: as 5-year-old Margot Kim
- Ric Sarabia: as Randy Cartoff
- Sean O’Bryan: as Radio Jockey
Searching Movie Overview
|Directed by||Aneesh Chaganty|
|Music by||Torin Borrowdale|
|Cinematography||Juan Sebastian Baron|
|Distributed by||Sony Pictures Releasing|
|Box office||$32 million|