The Croods Season 1
The Croods 2: The Croods is an American computer-animated adventure comedy film written and directed by Chris Sanders and Kirk DeMicco. It is produced by Dreamworks Animation and distributed by 20th Century Fox. It stars the voices of Emma Stone, Clark Duke, Randy Thom, Cloris Leachman, Catherine Keener, Ryan Reynolds, and Nicolas Cage.
The Croods is set in a fictional Prehistoric Pliocene era known as “The Croodceous” when a caveman’s position as a “Leader of the Hunt” is threatened by the arrival of a prehistoric genius who comes up with revolutionary new inventions as they trek via a dangerous land in search of a new home.
Directors: Kirk DeMicco and Chris Sanders
Producers: Kristine Belson and Jane Hartwell
Screenplay by: Kirk DeMicco and Chris Sanders
Story by: Kirk DeMicco, John Cleese, and Chris Sanders
Starring: Nicolas Cage, Emma Stone, Ryan Reynolds, Catherine Keener, Clark Duke, Cloris Leachman, Randy Thom
Music by: Alan Silvestri
Editors: Eric Dapkewicz, Darren T. Holmes
Production Company: DreamWorks Animation
Distributors: 20th Century Fox
Release date: February 15, 2013 (Berlin), March 22, 2013 (United States)
Duration: 98 minutes
Country: United States
Casts in Season 1
- Nicolas Cage as Grug Crood: He is the father of Thunk, Eep, and Sandy, he is also a caveman. He is Ugga’s husband and Gran’s son-in-law,
- Emma Stone as Eep Crood: She is Grug’s and Ugga’s first daughter, Thunk and Sandy’s older sister, and Gran’s oldest granddaughter. She is the eldest child and is willing to try anything new than the rest of her family, and holds a romantic feeling towards Guy.
- Ryan Reynolds as Guy: He is a teenage caveboy that, with the help of his pet sloth “Belt”, thinks of new ideas and inventions that can help people.
- Catherine Keener as Ugga Crood: She is Grug’s wife, and the mother of Eep, Thunk, and Sandy. and the daughter of Gran.
- Clark Duke as Thunk Crood: He is Grug’s and Ugga’s son, Eep and Sandy’s brother, and Gran’s grandson. Thunk is the middle child and has a good heart, but is not bright and has bad coordination.
- Cloris Leachman as Gran: an old and ferocious cavewoman who is the mother of Ugga.
- Randy Thom as Sandy Crood, Grug and Ugga’s youngest daughter, Eep and Thunk’s younger sister, and Gran’s youngest granddaughter
- Chris Sanders as Belt: Guy’s pet sloth.
The Croods Plot Summary
The Croods live in a particularly dangerous moment in time. Patriarch Grug, Ugga, Eep, Thunk, and Gran gather food by day and huddle together in a cave at night. When a caveman named “Guy” arrives on the scene, Grug is distrustful, but it soon becomes apparent that Guy is correct about the impending destruction of their world.
After the Croods cave is destroyed, they must trek through an unfamiliar fantastical world with the help of Guy.
The Croods 2
The Croods 2 is an upcoming American computer-animated adventure film, it is a sequel t 2013 film The Croods. It will be directed by Joel Crawford in his feature directorial debut from a screenplay by Kevin Hageman and Dan. The film is produced by DreamWorks Animation and distributed by Universal Pictures and will star the returning voices of Cloris Leachman, Clark Duke, Nicolas Cage, Emma Stone, Catherine Keener, and Ryan Reynolds. The Croods 2 new cast members include Peter Dinklage, Leslie Mann, and Kelly Marie Tran.
The Croods 2 is scheduled to be theatrically released in the United States on December 23, 2020. It follows the Croods, after leaving their cave in the first film, they encounter their biggest threat since leaving the cave: another family called “The Betterman’s”.
Casts in The Croods 2
- Nicolas Cage as Grug Crood
- Emma Stone as Eep Crood
- Ryan Reynolds as Guy
- Catherine Keener as Ugga Crood
- Clark Duke as Thunk Crood
- Cloris Leachman as Gran
- Randy Thom as Sandy Crood
- Chris Sanders as Belt, Guy’s pet sloth.
- Leslie Mann as Hope Betterman
- Kelly Marie Tran as Dawn Betterman
- Peter Dinklage as Phil Betterman
The Croods 2 Official Trailer
The trailer of The Croods 2 is not out yet, but we hope to see the official trailer before the end of this month.