The Eternals is a Marvel Studio upcoming American superhero movie. It is based on Marvel Comics of the same title. The movie is produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures.
The Eternals will be the Twenty-fifth movie of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). Directed by Chloe Zhao, and it was written by Mathew and Ryan Firpo. The movie stars Richard Madden, Gemma Chan, Kumail Nanjiani, Lauren Ridloff, Brian Tyree Henry, Salma Hayek, Lia McHugh, Don Lee, Barry Keoghan, Kit Harington, and Angelina Jolie. In the movie, Earth was being protected by the Eternals against its great enemies, the Deviants.
It was announced in April 2018 by the president of Marvel Studios Kevin Feige, that a movie based on the comic book Eternals has begun development. In May 2008, Mathew and Ryan Firpo were given the job of writing the script for the movie project. In late September, Zhao was hired by Marvel to direct the movie. While in July 2019 principal photography started, with different locations like Pinewood Studios, London and Oxford in England, and the Canary Islands which lasted until February 2020.
The Eternals movie plot
The Eternals – an immortal alien race who were created over 7000 years ago by the Celestial and have been covertly living on Earth reunited to protect humanity, after the unexpected tragedy that followed the events of Avengers Endgame(2019). They were protecting the human race from the Deviants an evil counterpart
The Eternals Cast.
- Richard Madden as Ikaris: The all-powerful Eternal
- Gemma Chan as Sersi: A humankind-loving Eternal. In the MCU movie Captain Marvel (2019), Chan played a role Minn-Erva.
- Kumail Nanjiani as Kingo: An Eternal who is cosmic-powered. He became a famous Bollywood movie star so that he can mingle on Earth. Kumail combining his acting to have a wisecracking attitude of the Die Hard movie series actor John McClane and also with the actor Hrithik Roshan in Bollywood.
- Lauren Ridloff as Makkari: A super-fast Eternal, who is the firs deaf superhero in the MCU
- Brian Tyree Henry as Phastos: An Eternal who is an intelligent cosmic-powered inventor. The first superhero in MCU to be portrayed as a gay
- Salma Hayek as Ajak: The spiritual and wise leader of the Eternals.
- Lia McHugh as Sprite: Eternally young.
- Don Lee as Gilgamesh: A powerful Eternal.
- Barry Keoghan as Druig: An aloof Eternal.
- Angelina Jolie as Thena: An Eternal who is a fierce warrior.
- Kit Harington as Dane Whitman: A human warrior who wields a mystical sword.
- Haaz Sleiman portrays Phastos’ husband.
- Directed by Chloé Zhao
- Produced by Kevin Feige
- Screenplay by Matthew K. Firpo, Ryan Firpo
- Based on Eternals by Jack Kirby
- Starring Richard Madden, Gemma Chan, Kumail Nanjiani, Lauren Ridloff, Brian Tyree, Henry, Salma Hayek, Lia McHugh, Don Lee, Barry Keoghan, Angelina Jolie, Kit Harington
- Cinematography Ben Davis
- Production company Marvel Studios, Distributed by Walt Disney Studios, Motion Pictures
- Release date November 6, 2020 (United States)
- Country United States
- Language English
It was confirmed by Scanline VFX, in March 2020, one of the companies that work on the movie’s visual effects, that they would be working remotely due to the coronavirus pandemic in 2019-20.