The French Dispatch is an upcoming American comedy-drama film written and directed by Wes Anderson from a story written by Hugo Guinness, Wes Anderson, Roman Coppola, and Jason Schwartzman. The movie focus on the French foreign bureau of a fictional Kansas newspaper.
The film stars an ensemble cast, including Tilda Swinton, Benicio del Toro, Frances McDormand, Adrien Brody, Léa Seydoux, Timothée Chalamet, Jeffrey Wright, Mathieu Amalric, Steve Park, Lyna Khoudri, Bill Murray, and Owen Wilson. The film’s supporting cast features several of Anderson’s recurring collaborators, including Jason Schwartzman, Liev Schreiber, Willem Dafoe, Edward Norton, Anjelica Huston, and Saoirse Ronan, among others.
Director: Wes Anderson
Producers: Wes Anderson, Jeremy Dawson, and Steven Rales
Written by: Wes Anderson
Story by: Wes Anderson, Roman Coppola, Hugo Guinness, and Jason Schwartzman
Music by: Alexandre Desplat
Cinematography: Robert Yeoman
Editor: Andrew Weisblum
Production Companies: Indian Paintbrush and American Empirical Pictures
Distributor: Searchlight Pictures
Duration: 103 minutes
Country: United States
Casts in The French Dispatch
- Benicio del Toro as Moses Rosenthaler. An incarcerated artist.
- Adrien Brody as Julien Cadazio. An art dealer, based on Lord Duveen.
- Tilda Swinton as J. K. L. Berensen. A writer and a staff member of the French Dispatch.
- Léa Seydoux as Simone. A prison guard, and Rosenthaler’s muse.
- Frances McDormand as Lucinda Krementz. A journalist profiling the student revolutionaries.
- Timothée Chalamet as Zeffirelli. Boyfriend of Juliette, and a student revolutionary.
- Lyna Khoudri as Juliette. Zeffirelli’s girlfriend, and a student revolutionary
- Jeffrey Wright as Roebuck Wright. A food journalist
- Mathieu Amalric as a policeman with a kidnapped son
- Stephen Park as Lieutenant Nescafier. He is a chef and police officer who solves a kidnapping
- Bill Murray as Arthur Howitzer Jr. The editor of the French Dispatch
- Owen Wilson as Herbsaint Sazerac. A writer and staff member of the French Dispatch
- Liev Schreiber
- Elisabeth Moss as a member of the French Dispatch staff
- Edward Norton as a kidnapper
- Willem Dafoe as a prisoner
- Lois Smith as Upshur Clampett. An art collector.
- Saoirse Ronan as a mysterious woman
- Christoph Waltz as Boris Schommers
- Cécile de France
- Guillaume Gallienne
- Jason Schwartzman as Hermes Jones, a member of the French Dispatch staff
- Tony Revolori
- Rupert Friend
- Henry Winkler as one of Cadazio’s business-partner uncles.
- Bob Balaban as one of Cadazio’s business-partner uncles.
- Hippolyte Girardot
- Anjelica Huston
A love letter to journalists set in an outpost of an American newspaper in a fictional twentieth-century French city that brings to life a collection of stories published in “The French Dispatch Magazine”.
In September 2019, Searchlight Pictures acquired distribution rights to The French Dispatch. It was set to premiere at the Cannes Film Festival on May 12, 2020, and released on July 24, but due to the coronavirus pandemic, the festival was canceled and the film was pulled from the schedule on April 3, 2020. It was rescheduled for release on October 16, 2020, before being pulled from the schedule again on July 23, 2020.
Is There an Official Trailer for The French Dispatch?
Yes! there is an official trailer for the movie, watch the official trailer below and get more details of the French Dispatch.