The Trial of the Chicago 7 is an upcoming American legal drama directed and written by Aaron Sorkin.
It features an ensemble cast, including Eddie Redmayne, Sacha Baron Cohen, Jeremy Strong, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Mark Rylance, Kelvin Harrison Joseph Gordon-Levitt, William Hurt, Jr., Frank Langella, and Michael Keaton.
The movie follows the Chicago 7, a group of anti-Vietnam War protesters charged with conspiracy in relating to charges of crossing state lines with the intention of inciting riots at the 1968 Democratic convention in Chicago.
The Trial of the Chicago 7 is originally planned to be released in theaters by Paramount Pictures.
The right to the film was sold to Netflix due to the coronavirus pandemic. Netflix will digitally release it on October 16, 2020.
Director: Aaron Sorkin
Producers: Steven Spielberg, Stuart M. Besser, Matt Jackson, Marc Platt, and Tyler Thompson
Writer: Aaron Sorkin
Starring: Eddie Redmayne, Sacha Baron Cohen, Jeremy Strong, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Mark Rylance, Kelvin Harrison Joseph Gordon-Levitt, William Hurt, Jr., Frank Langella, and Michael Keaton.
Music by: Daniel Pemberton
Cinematography: Phedon Papamichael
Editor: Alan Baumgarten
Production Companies: Paramount Pictures, Reliance Entertainment, MadRiver Pictures, Amblin Partners, DreamWorks Pictures, Marc Platt Productions, Alibaba Pictures, Cross Creek Pictures, and Rocket Science
Release date: October 16, 2020
Duration: 129 minutes
Country: United States
Casts in The Trial of the Chicago 7
- Sacha Baron Cohen as Abbie Hoffman
- Eddie Redmayne as Tom Hayden
- Yahya Abdul-Mateen II as Bobby Seale
- Jeremy Strong as Jerry Rubin
- Mark Rylance as William Kunstler
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Richard Schultz
- Kelvin Harrison Jr. as Fred Hampton
- Frank Langella as Julius Hoffman
- William Hurt as John N. Mitchell
- Michael Keaton as Ramsey Clark
- Alex Sharp as Rennie Davis
- Noah Robbins as Lee Weiner
- Daniel Flaherty as John Froines
- John Carroll Lynch as David Dellinger
- Rory Cochrane as Homer
- J. C. MacKenzie as Tom Foran
- Ben Shenkman as Leonard Weinglass
- Max Adler as Stan Wojohowski
- Wayne Duvall as Det. Paul DeLuca
- Caitlin FitzGerald as Daphne
- John Doman as John Mitchell
- Jeremy Sumpter
- C. J. Wilson
- Damian Young
- Thomas Middleditch
The Trial of the Chicago 7 is based on the story of the Chicago Seven. It’s a group of seven defendants charged by the federal government with conspiracy, inciting to riot, and other charges related to anti-Vietnam War and countercultural protests.
It took place in Chicago, Illinois, on the occasion of the 1968 Democratic National Convention.
It’s scheduled to be released on October 16, 2020. It was originally scheduled by Paramount Pictures to start a limited theatrical release on September 25, 2020, before going viral on October 16, 2020.
However, Netflix officially closed a $56 million deal to distribute the film, with intentions to release it before election day in November.
The Trial of the Chicago 7 Official Trailer
There is no trailer for the movie yet, but a release date has ben decide on, which is October 16, 2020.