What is Virtual Reality (VR)? This is a virtual experience that is similar or different from the real world. Virtual reality can be applied in entertainment and educational purposes such as; Video games, medical or military training.
Virtual Reality Gaming
This is a new generation of computers with virtual reality technology that gives its players a truly immersive, first-person perspective of game action. The games are experienced through a variety of virtual reality gaming devices such as VR headset, sensor-equipped gloves, etc.
These games are played on Specialized Game Consoles, Standalone Systems, or advanced laptops and PCs that can power the leading VR headsets such as HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, and Lenovo Mirage Solo.
Types of Virtual Reality Games
In virtual reality games, we have individual VR games, multiplayer VR games, and online VR games. Some of these games place players in physical combat environments, while some involve less confrontational pursuits(i.e auto racing and acrobatic flying). some VR games challenge its players either alone or with others. There are different types of virtual reality games based on the type of computing device being used;
- VR Games on Smartphones: Smartphone manufacturers introduced their own headsets, controllers, and games (AR, VR, and MR). An example of this is the Gear VR.
- VR Games on Game Consoles: These games work only with game consoles from specific manufacturers. these games are similar to those played on PCs, an example is the PlayStation VR headset/platform.
- VR Games on Pcs and Laptops: these games give the most detailed virtual environment and game options. Oculus Rift. HTC Vive and Lenovo VR headset and Lenovo Explorer are popular headsets for PCs and Laptops.
Virtual Reality Devices
These are the devices used in playing virtual games. With these devices, gamers often feel like they’re seeing the action directly from their character’s eyes. To achieve this, the advanced VR headsets or goggles are used in nearly every VR gaming experience. Examples of some VR gaming devices include:
- VR Gaming Headsets & Goggles: The headset capture and transmit your full head and eye movement, while the goggles merely display the simulated 3D game environment
- VR Game Controllers: These translates your physical actions into game performance. Advanced Virtual Reality games use a motion detector/ controller to sense your real-life activities such as throwing, walking, etc ad recreate them within the game. Also, some VR games utilize some kind of hand-based controllers such as Joystick, gloves, or gamepad.
- VR Gaming Gloves: VR gaming gloves has enabled a new level of detail in today’s newest VR games. This glove allows the detection of minute hand and finger movements, which allows developers to create a new generation of VR games. These gloves asked players to pick up small items, carry objects, grasp, etc.