Visa Sponsorship to work in the USA – Apply Now

Visa Sponsorship to work in the USA – Apply Now

Many immigrants and foreigners dream of coming to the USA to work or study. If you are in this category, this article is for you. We would be looking at how to get a visa sponsorship to work in the USA.

Visa sponsorships can be pretty difficult to get if you don’t know the right visas you should apply for and also the requirements.

Over 250,000+ applicants apply each year to work in the USA. Under USA immigration law, there are many classifications of work visas that allow foreign citizens to undertake work in the USA.


Without any further delay, let’s get into the discussion for this article:

  • Visa Sponsorship to work in the USA
  • 4 types of Visa needed to work in the USA
  • How to Apply

Visa Sponsorship to work in the USA

Are you an immigrant looking to come to the United States to work, and you are thinking of what approach to take? The USA visa sponsorship program was established to help immigrants who are seeking to work study or live in the USA.

If you don’t have to necessary funds to apply for a visa to work in the USA, all you need to do is look for a sponsor. These sponsors can be in form of a company that has taken up the responsibility of handling your visa processing application.

Or it can be a private individual or family member seeking to sponsor your visa to work in the USA. The most important thing is finding out what visas you would need if you are seeking a job in the USA.

Visa Sponsorship to work in the USA is a process that requires a strategic approach which you are going to learn in this article. Below are the 4 types of visas you need to work in the USA as an immigrant.

4 types of Visa Sponsorship needed to work in the USA

  1. H1B Specialty Occupation Visa
  2. L1 Intra-Company Transfer Visa
  3. O-1 Extraordinary Ability Visa
  4. E Treaty Trader and Treaty Investor Visa
READ:  How to Get a Job in Toronto in 6 Easy Steps

H1B Specialty Occupation Visa

According to research, more than 100,000+ applicants apply each year for an H1B Specialty Occupation Visa. Which is other known as a non-immigrant work visa. This type of visa is usually given to fresh graduates looking to come to the USA to work.

They apply for a specific job role and technical skills needed to fill up the job position. To apply, you must be a graduate and hold degrees in the field you are applying for visa sponsorship for. During the application process, the USCIS would determine if you are eligible for such job roles.

They would also determine if there are no other U.S. citizens qualified to fill such job roles in the company you are applying to. If all requirements have been met, the USCIS would give you a form to fill after which your sponsor would be able to apply for a visa for you.

L1 Intra-Company Transfer Visa

The L1 Intra Company Transfer Visa is meant for immigrants who are already working for a company that has an affiliated office in the USA. Otherwise known as an L1 visa, this visa can be obtained if your company is willing to sponsor your visa application for you to work in their USA office.

In this case, the company has to justify to the USCIS why you are eligible for such a job role and why don’t they hire an American citizen for such a job role. For you to also qualify for this role, you have to hold a high position in your current company.

This job role has to be a managerial role or executive role with at least 3 years of experience in such role. Over 50,000+ applicants apply for this visa each year. The average salary range for citizens living in the USA is from $30,000 to $150,000 depending on your profession and experience.

READ:  USA Jobs For Immigrants – Work in USA

This is why applying for a job in the USA has to be strategic and deliberate.

O-1 Extraordinary Ability Visa

The O-1 Extraordinary ability visa to its name is given to exceptional individuals that have demonstrated a high level of achievement in the field.

This could either be sports, medicine, science, art, law, or more. The Extraordinary ability visa is given to individuals living outside the USA who have gotten a high level of international acclaim. To do this, you have to be the best in your field. And gain a substantial amount of recognition in your area of specialization.

After this, your sponsor can then make a petition to the USCIS. After they have found you eligible. You can then apply for the extraordinary visa.

E Treaty Trader and Treaty Investor Visa

This type of visa is meant for immigrants who can come to the USA either as a trader or as an investor. You would need to establish a trade link with the USA and possess a significant amount of capital to invest in the USA marketplace.

These visas also known as E1 and E2 are given to immigrants if only they are capable of investing a substantial amount usually around $100,000. The US government believes that this fund would go a long way to helping the socio-economic landscape.

Once you are able to do this, your sponsor would need to petition the USCIS to ascertain your eligibility. After which you can then apply.

How to Apply for Visa Sponsorship

At this stage, after your petition has been approved by the USCIS, you can then proceed to apply for the visa through your local US Embassy or Consulate in your home country.


If you have a story you want to tell, send it to Cinema9ja Ent. via