If you accidentally delete or lost an important text message on your iPhone, you can be able to retrieve it through the following ways:
- You can retrieve it from iCloud backup
- From iCloud Website
- Phone Provider
- Retrieve from iTunes backup
- Use a third-party app
How to Retrieve Your Lost Text Message from iCloud backup
If you have an iCloud backup on your iPhone before you deleted or lost text message, you may recover them by:
- Go to your phone settings
- Click on your picture or name at the top
- Click on iCloud > Manage Storage > Backups.
- Check if there is a sufficiently old iPhone backup to include the deleted messages. If there is, you will need to restore your iPhone factory setting completely by using the older backup. To restore your iPhone to factory settings takes a few minutes, all you need to do is go to General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
After you have done all these, your phone will take you through the usual setup, when you get to the option to recover your device from an old backup, ensure you make the right choice.
Note: You will lose all the data you have added since the backup, so make sure you save duplicates of your photos, videos and any other messages you don’t want to lose.
How to Retrieve Your Lost Messages From iCloud Website
iCloud don’t back up SMS in all phone operator, which means the following may not work for some people, but for many people, it is the easiest way of recovering lost messages.
- Login to iCloud.com with your password and Apple ID.
- Click on text messages
- Search all messages to find the ones you need
- In your iPhone, chose Setting > [your name] > iCloud.
- Now turn off Text Messages
- After that, You will see a popup. Select the option ‘keep on My iPhone’.
- Turn on messages on again
Click on Merge and wait for a few minutes, the deleted message should reappear on your iPhone.
How to Retrieve your Lost Messages by Contacting your Phone Provider
If you can’t find your old copies of the text in your backups, you should call your phone provider. some companies will keep a record of your text messages, and you can access them.
This is very easy and it costs nothing.
How to Retrieve Your Lost Messages from an iTunes Backup
If you have not backed up to iCloud but backed up your phone to iTunes on your Mac or PC, you may be able to recover your text messages from iTunes.
- Firstly, connect your phone to the computer you used to synchronize with. iTunes will open automatically, if not you will open it manually.
- An iPhone icon will appear in the top left-hand corner, click on it.
- Click on ‘Restore backup’.
Note: This method will also overwrite the data on your phone.
How to Retrieve Your Lost Text Message by Using a Third-party App
This method may cost you a little, and it has no guarantee that it will work, but there is no harm in trying. Listed below is a list of few third-party applications that have a good online reputation:
- PhoneRescue by iMobie
- Enigma Recovery
- Dr.Fone for iOS
- Tenorshare iPhone Data Recovery
After you delete any text message, they remain in your phone until they are overwritten, so you can be able to recover your deleted messages using these applications.
If you have a story you want to tell, send it to Cinema9ja Ent. via email@example.com