Zoom is a cloud-based video conferencing tool that allows you to host virtual one-on-one team meetings easily. It is a cloud-based video conferencing platform that can be used for video conferencing meetings, webinars, meeting recordings, audio conferencing, and also live chat. It is the most popular video conferencing solution for companies with 600 companies or even fewer.
Video conferencing tool like Zoon has become so popular with the team across the world remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Features of Zoom
- Set Up Breakout Rooms
This feature is great for the online conference and also training seminars. you can decide to host keynote speeches in the main zoom meeting room, then divide attendees up into different breakout rooms which depends on the individual they signed up for.
- One-On-One Meetings
Zoom makes one-on-one meetings feel pleasing and personal allowing team members to collaborative productively and do their best work together.
- Touch Up Appearances
If you use Zoom, you can just touch up your appearance. It will give your face an airbrushed quality and make sure you look you’re very best in front of your boss and also your team members.
- Video Call Recording
This is also another feature of Zoon, It includes video call recording so every meeting hosted on the platform, public or private, can be captured for future reference. Video Recoding is good for recalling vital information, creating video tutorials to show to future team members, and also crafting marketing content for your target audience.
- Zoom Chat
Zoon released a business messaging tool called Zoom Chat in 2019. Zoomers can use chat to send quick text-based messages to their colleagues. It can assist users to organize their conversations.
- Group Video Conferences
Zoom is not only for one-on-one meetings. Group gathering of 200+ People can be hosted with the app as well. Group Video meeting hosted with Zoom feels just like in-person gatherings.
- Screen Sharing
This is also another feature you can do on zoom, Video conferencing can become hard if your remote colleague can’t see your work. That is why zoom includes screen sharing capabilities you can decide to share your screen with each of your remote team members so they can see what you need to show them.
- Change Your Background
This feature is more about fun functionality, your teams will cherish not having to look at your dirty home office every time they address you in a virtual conference setting.
How to Download Zoom App on Android and iOS
- First of all, go to the App Store or Google plays store on iOS and Android
- Now search for a zoom app with the blue logo
- Then click on the download button
- Click on open for joining any video conference after completion of the download process
How to Get started on Desktop
- First, visit their website https://zoom.us/and then click on the top right corner of the screen
Now you have two options when it comes to creating a Zoom account which are:
Create a new account using your work email address
Or Sign in Using Single Sign-On or Google or Facebook account
- Zoom will now send you an email with a confirmation link
- After that download the desktop app or Zoom client from the Zoom website for easy access
How to Get Started on Mobile
- First Download the app on iOS or Android app from the App Store/ Play Store
- Now sign up or sign in to Zoom by following the instruction displayed on the screen to you
How to Set Up a Meeting For Desktop
- First of all Log in to your Zoom Account
Then hover your cursor over the Host a Meeting button at the top right corner of the choose one of the following options:
With Video On
Screen Share Only
With Video Off
- Now the website will redirect you to the app and start a meeting.
How to Set Up a Meeting For Mobile Devices
- First Open the app on your mobile device and then sign in to your account
- Now tao the orange “New Meeting” icon that appears on your screen
- Then edit meeting settings according to your choice
Although it is a very good and amazing app that allows video conferencing. but below are some other alternatives you can make use of if you feel the app is lacking vital features that you need
- Cloud App
- Microsoft Teams
- Click Meeting
- BlueJeans Meetings
- Adobe Connect
- Cisco Webmes Meeting