Even if you don’t work from home, you must have heard of Zoom and how it works. Zoom has become the standard for connecting with others face-to-face in both business and personal settings. This is a video communication platform of choice for tech startups, religious communities, federal governments, and regular people looking to chat and even party with their friends and family.
This article is all you need to know about Zoom, including how to download it and get started.
What is Zoom?
Zoom is a cloud-based video conferencing app that allows you to set up virtual video and audio live chat, webinars, screen-sharing, and other collaborative capabilities. Anyone can access the Zoom app, it is compatible with Windows, iOS, Android, Linux, and Mac. You don’t need an account to attend a Zoom meeting.
How to get Zoom
This platform offers four distinct pricing plans for Basic to Enterprise. Below is the list of plans offered by Zoom:
This plan is ideal if you work with a small team or regularly conduct extended video calls. This tier allows the host to create IDs for recurring meetings, also extend the group meeting length from 40 minutes to 24 hours. It also has the capability to store recorded meetings in the cloud, plus advanced usage reports.
It is the most popular pricing tier, and it’s free. It offers unlimited one-on-one meetings, but video calls with more than three participants is limited to 40 minutes.
Note: You can always start another call
Zoom Enterprise id designed for large businesses and sign-up requires a minimum of least 100 hosts. This tier offers a lot of perks, including unlimited cloud storage, the capacity to host 500 people on a single call, and a dedicated “customer success manager.”
This is designed to make collaboration easy to medium-sized companies and requires at least 10 hosts. Its features include dedicated customer support, company branding on all invites, and auto-generated transcription.
How to Download and get started
You can download Zoom on your mobile device or computer, it is available through the App Store and Google Play Store. If you’re using a computer, head to Zoom’s official website and download it. The process will be slightly different, depending on the type of computer you are using.
On your mobile phone, go to the Apple Store or Google Play Store, and download and install the Zoom app. Once you have installed the app, you’re ready to get started, You don’t need an account to join Zoom meetings. However, you must sign up for an account if you plan on scheduling, hosting, and managing your own calls.
If you don’t have a Zoom account and want to join the meeting, you can do this through;
- A zoom Meeting link provided by the host. Just click on the link, and you will be brought to the meeting.
- Also, you can cleck om Join on Zoom’s homepage, and input the Meeting ID manually.
How to Join a Zoom Meeting
There are four ways to join a meeting:
- From the Zoom app
- From a link through an email invitation
- Via the app website
- Through telephone dial-in
From the Zoom app
- Download and install the app, open the app on your desktop, Zoom folder, Start button, start Zoom
- Click on Sign in
- Select “Sign in with SSO” on the right side menu
- Enter your username and password
- Click on Join
- Input the Meeting ID. The meeting ID is displayed in the email invitation
- Select whether to come into the meeting with your audio or video-enabled or disabled
From a link through an Email invitation
- An email invitation will be sent to you from the meeting host
- Click on the link (join through PC, iOS, Android)
- After that, you will be taken to the meeting
From the app website:
- You’ll go to Zoom website (usq.zoom.us)
- Tap on Zoom Account Sign-On button
- Input your username and password
- Click on My Meeting tab, and click on the meeting link you want to join
- An email will be sent to you from the meeting host
- It will display the Dial-in number
Plans and Pricing
Price: It’s free
Host up to 100 participants
unlimited one-on-one meetings
40 mins limit on group meetings
Unlimited number of meetings
+Video Conferencing features
+Web Conferencing Features
+Group Collaboration Features
Pro (Great for Small Teams)
price: $14.99 (purchase up to 9 hosts per account)
All Basic features +
Includes 100 participants
Meeting Duration limit is 24 hrs
Admin feature controls
Custom Personal Meeting ID
1GB of MPP4 or M4A cloud recording
+ Optional Add-on Plans
Business (Small $ Med Businesses)
Price: $19.99 (starting at 10 host for $199.9.mo)
All Pro features +
Includes 300 participants
Dedicated phone support
Option for on-premise
Cloud Recording Transcript
+ Optional Add-on Plans
Enterprise (Large Enterprise-Ready)
Price: $19.99 (starting at 100 hosts for $1.999.mo)
All Business features +
Enterprise includes 500 participants. Enterprise Plus includes 1,000 participants
Unlimited Cloud Storage
Dedicated Customer Success Manager
Executive Business Reviews
Bundle discounts on Webinars and Zoom Rooms.