As a result of the ongoing pandemic, many individuals and firms have adopted Zoom as their number one video conferencing software. Firstly, Before we discuss the terms; Zoom meetings, Pricing, and Plans, it’s important to know what it all about.
What is Zoom?
This is a cloud-based video conferencing service that provides majorly video conferencing, webinars, audio conferencing, and chats services. The key objective of the company is to make video communication easier to use by costumers since meeting in person is certainly not possible. With Zoom, you can virtually communicate with your colleagues, friends, and employers with ease.
Who to use Zoom
The video communication software can be used for the following reasons.
- For organizing Video-conferences of 100 and more participants
- For Teleconferences
- To organize Webinars
- To provide conference room services
- For chatting across phones and desktops
- To organize quality online meetings and training
- For organizing business conferences
What is Zoom Meeting?
This is the company’s major product. ZOM meeting is an online video conferencing meeting. The use of this platform goes from a one-to-one session to a group of hundreds.
How to Get Started With Zoom Meeting
Firstly, before we dive into how you can host or organize online meetings on Zom, you will need to download the app. You can easily get the app on your mobile phone play store or your iOS apple store or you can visit their official website (https://zoom.us/) download the app directly. Let’s proceed on how to set up your meeting;
- Sign in using your password ( you can also sign in Email account or Facebook )
- Some option will be displayed on your screen, choose NEW MEETING to start up a meeting.
- Send invites via your contacts or Email to join your meeting.
Zoom has been noted for its minimized subscription and prices for its users(individuals, firms, and enterprises). Here is the list of prices offers per month of its packages;
Zoom Basic: On zoom basic, you can host up to 100 participants with the time range of 40mins on group meetings. One to one meeting is unlimited. Other features on basic include;
- web conferencing
- video conferencing
- group collaboration
- group messaging
- Application and desktop sharing
Zoom Pro: All features in pro is allowed. It costs $14.99/£11.99 per month and host. Available features include;
- All features in basic are included
- Meeting duration is set for 24hrsminimum
- User management
- Admin controls
- Custom personal meeting ID
- Assign scheduler
- Local and cloud recording
Zoom Business: This costs $19.99/£15.99 per month and a minimum of 10 hosts. Exclusive for business purposes. Features include;
- All basic and pro features inclusive
- Dedicated phone support
- Local and cloud recording
- Admin controls and dashboard
- Vanity URL
- Single sign-on
- Managed domains
- Company branding
- Custom emails
- Cloud recording transcripts
- Optional add-on plans
Zoom enterprise: Suitable for large enterprises. its fixed costs include $19.99/£15.199 per month and 100 hosts minimum. Available features include:
- All basic, pro and Business features inclusive
- Enterprise includes 500 participants
- Enterprise plus includes 1000 participants
- 500 participants
- Enhanced Admin features
- Additional integration options
- Unlimited cloud storage
- Exclusive business reviews
- Discounts on webinars and zom rooms.